Sandwiches always make a perfect meal for breakfast: light, healthy and easy to digest. In this write-up, we have come up with some healhty sandwiches with their recipes, so that you can make the at home, too. Take a look!
Grilled Cheese sandwich
This is basically a sandwich in which cheese slice is placed in between two slices of bread and is grilled till it turns light brown and crispy.
Recipe: 1) Take two slices of bread (wheat/flour) spread butter on both the slices evenly.
2) Put a slice of cheese or grate some cheddar cheese on top of each bread slice.
3) add a pinch of black pepper and salt (if required).
4) Put some butter on the top of the slices, as well and place it in the griller carefully.
5) Cook it for 1-2 minutes. Keep flipping the sides, if required. Don’t over grill it.Serve it with Ketchup or any sauce of your choice.
Also known as cottage cheese sandwich is quite popular in the Indian subcontinent in which paneer is used in different style as a filling for the sandwich.
Recipe:1) Grate the paneer and add veggies like tomato, bell peppers, peas sprouts and carrots and mix well.
2) Take the bread slices and put some butter on it then add the paneer mixture on one of the slices.
3) Cover that one slice with another layer of bread and brush some oil or butter on top of it.
4) Cook in a medium heat in a sandwich maker or even on a Pan.Serve it with Ketchup or any sauce of your choice.
Egg Mayo sandwich
This sandwich is a healthy and delicious option to have when you are on a diet and which will keep you energetic and active all day long.
Recipe:1) In a bowl take 2-3 boiled eggs mash it with a help of a fork and then add 2 tbsp of mayo.
2) Add some black Pepper, white pepper, cilantro, to the mixture and mix well.
3) Butter the bread, then put this filling between two slices of bread.
4) Cut the sandwich into two halves and garnish it with fresh cilantro.
Cabbage and Curd sandwich
A very delicious way to have those green veggies in a form of a sandwich. A vegan breakfast option to make that won’t take much of your time.
Recipe:1) Add some chopped cabbage in a bowl with green chilies, coriander leaves, salt and black pepper to it.
2) Then add 1-2 tbsp of hung curd in the cabbage mixture and mix well. You can even add mayonnaise if needed.
3) Butter the slices of bread and put the cabbage mixture on the slices.
4) Cut the bread into two halves and serve it with a glass of juice or salad. It tastes better when eaten raw.
Considered as the most filling and high protein breakfast / snack option is a chicken sandwich, loved by people worldwide.
Recipe:1) Take shredded chicken in a bowl. Add green chilies, grated cheese, lettuce, chili sauce or BBQ sauce. For seasoning add salt and pepper. Mix well.
2) Take two slices of bread and put mayonnaise on each slice and then spread the mixture all over the bread slice.
3) Add a cheese slice on top of the mixture and put the sandwich inside a griller.
4) Grill the sandwich until crispy brown and then serve it hot with red chili sauce or ketchup.
Potato being a staple food for Indians, a sandwich with a potato filling is a most convenient and easy option for everyone to have during breakfast or as an evening snack.
Recipe:1) In a bowl put some mashed potatoes then add some ginger, chillies, coriander leaves, salt, and black pepper to it then mix well.
2) Take two slices of bread and spread generous amount of butter on the slices, then add the mixture on the bread and place one slice on top of the other.
3) Put some oil or butter on a frying pan or place it in a griller. Let it cook for a few minutes.
4) Cut the sandwich into small parts and serve it with green chutney or ketchup.
Many of you would be unfamiliar with this form of a sandwich. But is consumed a lot in foreign countries because it is full of healthy fibers and vitamins and thus makes it one of the best sandwich options available out there.
Recipe:1) Peel two avocados and mash it with a fork in a bowl add some seasonings to it.
2) Add a layer of onion and tomato slices on the bread and spread the mashed avocado over it.
3) Repeat the process with both the slices and have it cooked or raw.
4) You can also add grated cheese at the end to enhance its taste.